What is airbrush spray tanning?
Airbrush spray tanning is a process that uses an air compressor and airbrush delivery system to gently and evenly apply tanning solution to the skin.
The tanning solution is streak-free, applies easily and evenly, absorbs quickly, gives a natural-looking golden tan, and fades like a real tan. You will not have to expose yourself to hours of damaging UV rays which can cause burning, premature aging and even skin cancer. The final effect will last 4 to 7 days as the skin slowly exfoliates off the dead skin tissue.
• Looks Natural
• Enhances your figure
• Gives you that Healthy Glow
• Fades like a real tan
• Camouflages Cellulite, Stretch Marks,
• Varicose Veins & Freckles
• UV free and safe
• Evens out skin tones
• Instant body makeover
• Helps hide unwanted tan lines
• Celebrities have been doing it for years
How does it work?
The active ingredient in the airbrush spray tanning DHA-dihydroxyacetone derived from sugar cane interacts with the proteins and amino acids in the outer layer of your skin to produce a golden brown color, this reaction takes 6 to 8 hours to visibly emerge into a golden tan. It then continues to develop over the next 24 hours. The color that results varies slightly from individual to individual, just as UV tans will differ, according to natural skin tones. This is different than the UVA and UVB rays of the sun that stimulate the melanin pigment in the skin. The airbrush spray tanning produces this golden brown color without skin damage.
The airbrush tanning works on the top layer of the skin only and will shed, or fade like a “sun” tan over several days. The way the tan fades is dependent on the way each person naturally exfoliates his or her skin. The longer and more regularly they tan, the better the tanning effect will wear.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the most effective products available are sunless or self-tanning lotions that contain Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) as the active ingredient.
How Long Will It Take?
- About 10 to 15 minutes to be airbrushed and 5 minutes to dry.
When Will I See Results?
Is It Safe? (My favorite question . . .)
- The FDA has approved DHA for external application to the skin for sunless tanning solutions. For spray/misting applications, they recommend you take protective measures to eliminate eye contact, inhalation or ingestion during your spray tan sessions, such as:
- Using protective eyewear
- Wearing nose filters
- Sealing lips with lip balms
- Using protective undergarments
- Our solution is made from DHA (Organic monosaccharide sugar) and Erythrulose (Natural-based sugar derivative).
- DHA has been used cosmetically for over 30 years with no adverse effects.
We are committed to giving you the best spray tanning experience you have ever had, however there are steps that you should take to ensure the best results of your tan. Proper preparation and after care will make your airbrushed spray tan last longer. Stop in prior to your session so we can discuss how to prepare for and prolong the life of your tan.
Before your Spray Tan
- Please wax 2 days before the tanning. Wax residue will block tanner absorption.
- Please shower, shave and exfoliate skin targeting dry areas within 24 hours prior to spray tan using a body brush or quality scrub. Removing any dead cells and body oils will help the sunless tanner penetrate your skin and give you the best results.
- Do not use any oil based body scrub or lotions especially if you are getting a pedicure prior to your appointment.
- Do not use razors with moisture strip, deodorant, makeup, perfume or moisturizers prior to the tanning. Lotions can act as a barrier & prevent the solution from contacting your skin.
- State law requires you to wear at least a thong. Besides that you may tan in the garment of your choice, bathing suits and underwear work well. Men are require to wear underwear or bathing suit.
- Wear loose-fitting dark-colored clothing and flip-flops because some of the bronzer can rub off on your clothing and shoes can cause your feet to perspire affecting the results.
- Have a dark colored towel to sit on if you have light colored upholstery in your car or at home.
- If raining make sure all exposed areas will be covered when leaving salon.
- NOTE: If you recently have been in the sun and have burned your skin, and are peeling, please wait until your skin heals and you are no longer peeling. Spray Tanning over peeling skin does not look good. You will get tan but the dead skin coming off will leave white patches where the Spray Tan used to be. Your skin needs to be in prime condition for optimal results of a Spray Tan. Sole’ Tan reserves the right to deny this service to anyone in this condition.
Immediately After your Tanning
- Just avoid exercising or anything that causes excess sweating and water until you have showered, after 6 to 8 hours. You will feel like you are wearing moisturizer for approximately an hour.
- Do not put on tight clothing for least 6 to 8 hours (women try to go without a bra for the evening to avoid creating strap lines).
- Avoid wearing wool, nylon or silk fabrics.
- Do not exercise (first day). Perspiring immediately after tanning alters the chemical reaction of the solution changing its color.
- Do not swim or immerse in water.
Maintain and Prolong your tan
- Please do not shower for 6 to 8 hours; your tan is still processing.
- You may see color washing off the first time you shower, this is normal. Your first shower should be a quick rinse in lukewarm water only.
- If you perspire while you sleep we recommend not sleeping in the airbrush solution, take a quick lukewarm water shower before going to sleep.
- Apply moisturizer twice daily; dry skin will flake and peel causing your tan to fade. Please use natural products ask our knowledgeable staff about the products we sell specially designed for sunless tanning.
- Do not take long hot baths or showers.
- Cleanse gently using a Sulfate-Free body wash or soap.
- Please Do Not Exfoliate (loofahs, gloves or scrubs) until the day before your touch-up.
- Please read your products, if the first ingredients include Alcohol or Alpha Hydroxy, Do Not Use. These are drying agents and will fade your tan. (Ex: Dove, Bath and Bodywork and some Victoria's Secret.)
- We do not recommend swimming or hot tubs. Please understand chemicals found in hot tubs and swimming pools can cause your tan to fade faster than normal, for chlorine is a bleaching agent. You can minimize exfoliation from hot tubs, swimming pools and the ocean by the following: After your tan has developed and after your first post-tan shower, you can minimize water activity exfoliation by liberally and frequently apply a good, strong waterproof sunscreen before submersing yourself. They can help protect your tan from fading.
Have a day with your friends different than any you have had before. You've done all kind of parties. Now, it's time to try a spray tanning party.
Get a group of friends together and indulge yourselves with a custom application for each person from a certified professional. We come directly to your home or business with everything needed.
Reasons to have a Tanning Party :
* Bachelorette Party * Birthday Party * Bridal Party * Girls' Night in/out * Proms *
* Sweet 16 Party * Cheerleading competitions * Or Just Because! *
Price:$250.00 Up to 5 persons. Each additional person will be $45.00.
As a hostess, your tan can be free! Invite 5 of your friends and you tan for free!
Pura Sunless Tanning
Watch a demonstration video